“The Sephirothic Tree is sometimes depicted as a human body, thus more definitely
establishing the true identity of the first, or Heavenly, Man – Adam Kadmon – the Idea of
The ten divine globes (Sephiroth) are then considered as analogous to the
ten sacred members and organs of the Protogonos, according to the following arrangement.
• Kether is the crown of the Prototypic Head and perhaps refers to the pineal gland;
• Chochmah and Binah are the right and left hemispheres respectively of the Great brain;
• Chesed and Geburah are the right and left arms respectively, signifying the active creative members of the Grand man; tiphereth is the heart, or, according to some, the
• Netsach and Hod are the right and left legs respectively, or the supports of
• Yesod is the generative system, or the foundation of form;
• Malchuth represents the two feet, or the base of being.
(Occasionally Yesod is considered as the male and
Malchuth as the female generative power.)
The Grand man thus conceived is the gigantic
image of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream, with head of gold, arms and chest of silver, body of
brass, legs of iron, and feet of clay. ”
– Manly P. Hall: The Secret Teachings of All Ages